WHO NEEDS ELDOA™?
- Poor posture/slouching
- Back pain including disc herniations, sciatica, piriformis syndrome, scoliosis & spinal fusions.
- Neck pain including text neck and forward head posturing.
- Pelvic floor disorders including those obtained from pregnancy & childbirth
- All joint orthopedic injuries/rehabilitation including those involving the knee and shoulder
- Athletic injury prevention & treatment
- ANYONE LIVING IN A WORLD WITH GRAVITY!
Alarming new research claims @70,000 deaths a year are caused by our increasing sedentary lives. Even if you exercise for an hour or 2 or even 3 hours a day, the rest of your day is spent driving and sitting. You may have a standing desk, BUT are you standing healthfully?
According to a study conducted by Soo Young Kim titled
‘Sedentary Lifestyle and Cardiovascular Health” published in the National Library of Medicine, a branch of the National Institute of Health (NIH) defined a sedentary lifestyle as “a type of lifestyle with little or no physical activity”.
Sedentary behavior includes:
- Computer use
- Watching television
- Office work
- Cell phone use/screen time
The deleterious effects are based off of the sum of the time spent viewing a television, computer monitor, mobile device, or other screens.”
Sitting or standing unhealthfully negatively affects your posture by forcing a muscular imbalance between your front and back body and right and lefts sides of your body. This muscular imbalance increases your risk of scoliosis, flattened or reversal of your lumbar and cervical curves and hyper-flexion of your thoracic curve causing a pathologic forward head posturing and ACHES, PAINS, DYSFUNCTION, DISEASE AND DIS-EASE!
Think about this, you are not using a muscles it will atrophy, aka weaken. When you actually need that muscle to do its job, it cannot because it is not strong enough to do it! This is why your posture whether sitting, standing, walking, exercising, etc… is imperative for your daily health and wellbeing!
FORWARD HEAD POSTURING, AN UNFORTUNATE PREVENTABLE MEDICAL CONDITION OF THE 21ST CENTURY